Copyright © 2021 Windows & Doors Scotland – All Rights Reserved
Let us know how we can help you!
New conservatories and conservatory roof in Scotland
Sunrooms installed in Scotland
Conservatories and sunroom extensions are the ideal way to create a space in your home where you can relax and get some UV light regardless of the weather!
Windows and Doors Scotland has a wide range a new conservatory and sunroom designs available for you to choose from.
Please give us a call or complete our short contact form to arrange a free plan and design consultation. This is the most effective way to help us arrive at an accurate cost for your new garden space.
2021/22 Scotland Prestige Award Winners
A conservatory was something that had a glass roof and walls and was used to grow plants. Over the years conservatories have evolved into everyday home extensions. Conservatories have become very comfortable and energy-efficient that now they are used on a daily basis. It has become a home extension rather than an occasional room of visit.
To be legally called a conservatory some conditions apply;
· Must be built at ground level
· The size should be less than 30 square meters
· It must be separated from the house by and external window, door, or a wall
· Must have an independent heating system
Even though many people in the UK think that a conservatory and sunroom are the same, it’s not! While most of the conservatories are built for horticulture, sunrooms are a place of recreation.
Conservatories are the best place to grow plants as they provide them with plenty of sunlight and protects them from harsh climate changes. It is also very cold during winter and very hot during summer making it not suitable for relaxing during these times.
A sunroom on the other hand is a typical home extension that can be designed to be your family room, dining area, or office. It is designed for comfort and relaxation.
There a variety of reasons why you should get a conservatory.
· An extra room – when your family is growing, your home might become a bit congested for everyone. A conservatory is one of the cheapest and aesthetics ways to add some extra space to your home.
· They let in light – Vitamin D is an important factor that prevents seasonal affective disorder. A conservatory will help you relax and at the same time gain some vitamin D without actually having to go out and stand under the sun.
· Extra value to your home – A conservatory adds to the value of your property. Having a conservatory puts you ahead in the housing market.
· No need to take a long walk to your garden – it unites your home and garden improving the aesthetics of your home. Also, it makes it easier for you to care for your plants.
No matter what the climate of your place is, there are a variety of reasons to add a sunroom m to your house.
· A separate space of entertainment – it is a great space to spend with your guests, without disturbing the order of your house. No matter what the weather is outside you will have a comfortable time with your people, with a view!
· An affordable extra space – sunrooms as the best ways to have a home extension without emptying your pocket. They are aesthetic and can be used for any purpose, be it a dining area, living room, or a storage place
· No need to worry about vitamin D – A sunroom lets in extra light and you will never be deficient in Vitamin D
· A comfortable relaxing and yoga space – a sunroom will let you have a bit of the outside and inside world, making it a relaxing zone. It’s a great place to meditate or stay away from stressful things, and not too away from your family.
The designs for a conservatory are limitless. They offer many different choices with a range of shapes, sizes, and materials. Some of the different types of conservatories are:
· Victorian conservatory
· Edwardian conservatory
· Edwardian gable conservatory
· L, T, P, or U-shaped conservatory
· Lean-to conservatory
· Off the wall
A sunroom is an affordable addition to your home. There are different types of sunrooms depending on how you plan to use the space and depending on your house.
· Screen Rooms
· Three Season Rooms
· Four Season Rooms
A conservatory is open to the outside environment and the harsh climates outside. There are several issues that might come up with a conservatory over time of which most are repairable. Some of the common issues that can be repaired in a conservatory are
· Repair leaks from different parts
· Roof panel replacement or upgrade
· Reducing the heat by changing the panel
· Installing windows to ensure better airflow
· Reduce the noise from outside
· Repair and replacement of doors and windows
Sunrooms add value to a house. It is a place of relaxation where you get a bit of both the environments. So it is necessary to keep the sunrooms in the best condition. No matter how good the quality of the sunroom is, some repairs must be done over time. Some of the common issues that can show up in a sunroom over time are:
· Damaged screens
· Water pooling in windows
· Leaking joints, frames, or beams
· Condensation inside the glass
· Damage siding
· Temperature issues
The sunroom can also be renovated if you are tired of the way it looks or to make it a different purpose room. It’s still cost-effective compared to getting a new room, and now there are a lot of stylish and productive renovation ideas for both sunrooms and conservatories.
A conservatory is no longer an uncomfortable space. It is now a safe, comfortable, and insulated space that comes in a variety of design customizations. No matter what the idea for your conservatory is, it can be easily done, and you will have a new room in your home for your people to enjoy.
Conservatory designs can be divided into modern designs, country conservatory designs, and traditional conservatory designs. All these have attractive in their ways and will provide you with a comfortable space.
A sunroom can be designed as an all-purpose room or a space of definite purpose like an office, gaming space, dining area, guest room, etc. it is usually a place of relaxation where you can curl up on your sofa and watch the outside without any disturbances.
Scotland has hundreds of companies advertising conservatory installation, however, not many are specialist conservatory installers. Windows and Doors Scotland only every provide long lasting high performance uPVC conservatories for your home. You can select your preferred conservatory design and ask for customer features, which are especially popular for the interior of the conservatory. We will discuss all of this during your free survey and once both the parties are in agreement on layout and design, we will provide you with a free quote to consider.
The cost of a conservatory will depend on many factors like space, materials used, layout and design.
One of our expert surveyors will guide you through the whole process.
Just like conservatories, sunrooms come various designs and styles, it is important that you discuss this to arrive at an accurate cost. Our surveyors and installers will listen to your needs and ideas and will provide you with the best options for your new sunroom.
We are more than happy to discuss ways that help you in customising so you get your ideal new sunroom.
Let us know how we can help you!
We supply and fit new conservatories all over Scotland, we offer our services in Aberdeen, Angus, Argyll and Bute, Ayrshire, Clackmannanshire, Dumfriesshire, Dundee, East Ayrshire, East Dunbartonshire, East Lothian, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Fife, Highland, Inverclyde, Inverness, Midlothian, Moray, North Ayrshire, North Lanarkshire, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire, Stirlingshire, South Ayrshire, South Lanarkshire, The Borders, West Dunbartonshire and West Lothian.